Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Strawberry Sorbet/Yogurt

5-Minute Healthy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt


I may or may not be craving ice cream these days.  Maybe Sprout is craving it or maybe I only think I want it because it's an indulgence that I'm trying to justify by calling it a craving.  Either way, I'm practicing a whole lotta restraint and going miles out of my way to NOT pass any ice cream shops on my drive home each day. 

Then I saw this gem of a recipe and it could not be easier.  Honestly, my 4.5 year old daughter did just about all of the work...even some of the clean up! 

What I love about it is that it satisfies both my need for the icy cold ice cream thing but the sweet candy-like flavor of, well, candy.  Duh!

We decided to get a little crazy in the kitchen (we're like that, ya know?!) and we used 2 cups of frozen strawberries and a cup each of frozen peaches and frozen raspberries.  I did manage to forget to add the lemon juice, but still found the flavor to be quite delicious.

I will neither confirm nor deny that it tastes extra yummy when delivered by one's husband and eaten in bed while reading.  Shhhh....no judging, right?!

Cheers to YOUR version of this healthy and yummy treat!


 
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 min

What You'll Need:

4 cups frozen strawberries
3 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey
1/2 cup plain yogurt (non-fat or full fat)
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice

What You'll Do:

Add the frozen strawberries, agave nectar (or honey), yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. (I used my blender b/c I don't have a large food processor) Process until creamy, about 5 minutes.

Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month. (Yeah...like it'll last that long.  Puh-lease!)

No comments:

Post a Comment