Saturday, May 3, 2014

Mango Guac...for real!

May 3 is Hug Your Cat Day.  Okay.  I don't have a cat, so someone's going to have to pinch hit for me on this one.

May 4 is Star Wars Day.  Ummm, R2D2, C3PO...that's about all I've got there.

And May 5 is, well, it's Cinco de Mayo.  Or as some folks I know call it, "Cinco de Drinko."  Hey, whatever works.  

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food.  We've talked about this before.  But, if there's a legitimate reason to give a nod to flavors Mexicana, especially this flavor, I'm in.  And by "give a nod to" I, of course, mean "eat this like there's no Seis de Mayo!  Let's not get confused, though--I don't need a reason for this particular treat, but having one makes me feel a whole lot less guilty about inhaling this as soon as I make it.  The recipe says "Serves 4-6."  Yeah.  Sure.  If you say so...


Mango Guacamole


What You Need:
3 ripe avocados
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 handful cilantro, snipped
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 lime, juiced
Willpower!

 




What You'll Do: 
In a large bowl, mash avocados with a fork until only some chunks remain. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!

I mean, really. Easy and super yummy!  You could up the ante a smidge by making your own chips---a healthier, less greasy/salty version if you so desire.  Just sayin'.

However  you enjoy it, THAT is the point...ENJOY it!  Cheers to you and your yummy, healthy celebratory snack.  Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some taste-testing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment