Monday, March 10, 2014

Crunchy, Sweet, Tangy, YUMMY!


I was in a rut.  A food rut--mostly lunches.  Really because I was grabbing what was on-hand, easy and good for me.  But I wanted--needed--to mix things up a bit.   Enter this gem, and thank you Pinterest. 

Whipped up a batch of this yesterday and plan to enjoy it all week long (save Friday since I can't eat meat on Fridays!!).  This took virtually no time at all and made a good bit.  Today, I ate it on a whole wheat wrap...tomorrow, maybe it'll top a rice cake.  I'm just that crazy!  Look out, Lunchroom!  This packed the proper ratio of crunch to tang to sweetness AND, I was full for a good 2-3 hours after I ate it.  For real!  That protein-rich lunch did its job.  So I could keep plugging away at mine. 

What You'll Need<----------------------All this stuff!1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (I used canned chicken that I had on hand; rotisserie chicken or grilled would be MUCH better!)
1 green apple, coarsely chopped (I left the skins on!)
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 red onion, finely chopped (this seemed a tad much for me; next time I'm scaling back, but then again, I don't love raw onions, so maybe that's a personal thing)
2/3 cup green grapes, halved
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
Buns, bread or wrap, for serving



 


What You'll Do1.  Shred rotisserie chicken, set aside
2.  Chop onion, apples and grapes, set aside.
3.  In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir to combine. 

4.  Season to taste, and serve as a sandwich or wrap.
5.  Enjoy!  (gee, thanks for that tip!)


Recipe source: Adapted from Damn Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment