Tuesday, July 16, 2013

That Needs Water

Like a plant that needs to be watered (at any given moment in my house, I have at least 3 of these green buggers in need of some H2O--why would I water them all at once and make life easier), this blog needs a little attention, I know.

I've been blogstipated lately--and it's no fun.  I want to write.  I need to write.  But write, I cannot.  Oh, I have 4 or 5 draft posts saved, waiting patiently to come back to them, finish the thought and click PUBLISH.  And they've been waiting.  And waiting.  And waiting.

So in an effort to "Just Do It" today's post is going to be potpourri-style.  A little of this, a little of that...toss it all out there.  Get something out there.  In no particular order and with no real format.  You up for it?  Okay, let's go.

Last Monday evening, my husband, daughter and I returned from a nice, long vacation in North Carolina.  Many hours in the car, arriving in the wee hours of the morning and no expectation of Abby being willing to lay down and go to sleep for a few hours all to be able to exhale, unplug and simply BE.  And what an incredible feeling it was.

Our visit consisted of--among many other things--lazy breakfasts, hours of Abby and Aunt Jen Jen (my sister) playing, playing games, cooking dinners for one another, visiting with my Sister in Law, niece and nephew, hitting the aquarium when Mother Nature served up WAY too much rain to stay outside, turning the bottom of the steps into a stage and lots of time by and in water---pool, ocean, river and even rain.  We shopped, we laughed, we took long walks and runs, we caught a baseball game, we built sandcastles and we drank Gin & Tonics with lots of lime and ice.  We celebrated lots of July birthdays and pinched ourselves at how quickly time is flying by.  It felt like, smelled like, sounded like summer.  And I took it all in, knowing that all too soon it'd be over and we'd be packing the car with the precision of building a jig-saw puzzle and heading north.

On the way north, we made a couple pit stops.  One stop was to meet up with a dear friend of mine and her family---haven't seen this girl in at least 4 years (which is just wrong!) and it was so special to spend some time with her---and laugh!  We both acknowledged that we would have never been able to plan something to work out as perfectly as this impromptu visit did; couple of texts, checking a map to find a meeting spot and getting her Mom's 2 cents on where to eat---all the pieces fell into place perfectly.

And just as perfectly executed was our next pit stop at Elon University (College!) to visit another dear friend of ours; the former Chaplain for the school.  He agreed to meet with us and capture Abby's 4th Birthday portraits on campus.  I had more than a few "goosebump moments" as I watched my little girl walk along the very same bricks I walked day in and day out during my time at Elon.  To see Abby on the floor of the gym where I participated in several special occasions and to take her to my old dorm...it was surreal.

We stayed the night, making a special trip to Cook Out (you can't be in NC and NOT go to Cook Out!) and a trip to the campus shop in the morning.  One more walk around campus and it was time to head home. 

You know that point when you're away from home where you're enjoying your time, yet sort of missing home?  Yeah--we were all there at that point.  Thankfully we arrived home safe and sound--no major incidents, and only about 45 "are we there yets" from the backseat.  I'll count that as a win. 

And what was waiting at home?  A cool new workout called Focus T25 and delicious new Vanilla Shakeology.  It was time to get back at it and re-enter life in reality mode.  Vacation Amy no more---this Amy means business!

If you've read other posts or even noticed the title of my blog, you know that life is hectic on a good day, crazy on a, well, crazy day.  And, by way of a disclaimer, I'm not suggesting I'm any busier than anyone else or that I'm special in some way.  Nope, I'm busy.  Like you, and you, and you over there. 

More than once, I've wished for extra time in each day and the patience/wisdom to use the time I do have to the best of my ability.  Not alone here, either--right?  I'm beginning to wonder if Shaun T can read minds.

When he created Focus T25, it was with people like us in mind.  People who could really get into a workout that's 25 minutes 5 days a week.  Yeah, 25 minutes 5 days a week.  To flip that around, that means you have 1415 minutes a day and 2 whole days to do other things.  You know, like LIFE!

It's an intense 25 minutes; I can't lie.  But it's TWENTY FIVE minutes and you're done.  And feeling pretty damn satisfied and proud by the way.

And then there's Vanilla Shakeology--what can I say about that?!  It's so yummy!  As with the other flavors, there are a zillion options for how to mix it and make it your own.  Taste aside,  this stuff packs a nutritious punch.  And who doesn't need a little more nutrition in a day?

I would be happy to share more details on the workout and Vanilla Shakeology if you'd like.  Feel free to reach out.

Wow, that feels good...it's out there!  Thanks for coming along for the ride.  I'll update it with pictures soon too.  I suppose I'm really pushing my luck to expect both a blog AND pictures.  Baby steps, right?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment