Thursday, June 6, 2013

Here fishy fishy!

I could eat salmon several times in a week.  Any season, any day, any occasion.  I love it.  I love that it's good hot or cold.  I love that there are so many ways you can make it.  I really, really like salmon.  And yet, I seem to always come back to my favorite preparation.

It's a super fantastic day (regardless of any other circumstance that has made it less so) when Mark texts or calls and says, "Got salmon for dinner."  Instant happiness.  I can smell it, taste it...and barely wait for it to hit the plate!

And it's equally fantastic that Abby has loved salmon from the moment she could eat it.  In fact, in the weeks leading up to her second birthday, whenever anyone would ask what she wanted, her reply, sweet as ever was, "Salmon, please!"  No joke!  Adventurous taste buds; check!

You can play with the quantities here, too.  A little more, a little less..to your liking.  This is usually enough for the three of us.
 
Grilled Salmon


A piece of salmon (1.5-1.75lbs) with the skin still on
1/3 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 clove of garlic smashed
Black pepper to taste

Mix soy, sugar, garlic and pepper in a shallow dish.  Place salmon in, skin side up and let it marinate in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight.

Place a sheet of foil on the grill before heating it
Place the salmon on the grill, skin side DOWN
Grill for about 25-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish

Serve with quinoa or cous cous; I usually roast or grill some veggies to dice up and mix in with the grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment