Saturday, November 9, 2013

Real Talk

About a year ago I started actively Coaching.  I had been a Beachbody Coach for about 3 months or so at that point, but only became active once I had completed my own 90 day transformation.  And here we are; a year later.  I've run a few Challenge Groups and continued on with my transformation while helping others.  

So, here it comes:  Real Talk.  Sometimes I miss being a Challenger.  Sometimes I miss the feeling of being motivated vs being the motivator.  Sometimes I forget that I'm in the game, too...and stay a little too on the sidelines, wearing my Coach hat.

As I get ready to start up another Challenge Group--and, man, do I love them!--I've made a vow that I will be involved differently this time.  Sometimes, a group starts to grow quiet.  Enthusiasm wanes and posts become less and less frequent.  And, in my Coach hat, I get a little disappointed and wonder what I could/should be doing differently to prevent that.  In my Challenger hat, I'm also bummed because I need to hear from others as much as they need to hear from me.  

True confessions; in my last Challenge group, I didn't even set a goal for myself.  How lousy is that!?  I was so focused on the other folks, that I didn't see myself as an active participant.  Not this time around.  Accountability is a two-way street.  When someone in our group needs a 5am text to wake up and workout, that someone may just be me this time!  If someone doesn't get enough water in during the day, I'll be posting my own pictures of each cup consumed, supporting them along the way.  And, on the flip side, when a Challenger posts a super NSV (non-scale victory) I will be first in line to high-five them (or "thumbs up" them as Facebook would have it) and share one of my own.

We're in this together; it's not a phrase, it's not a phase!  It's the real deal and I'm excited to be a different kind of part of it.  

If you're interested in being part of it, too, let me know.  There's certainly room for you!

 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment