Wednesday, January 27, 2021

A Moment for Mousse

Some things just don't make sense.  Like how I was really hungry last night after dinner, but decided to make chocolate mousse.  Logical, right?  Can't eat it right now (Whole 30, Day #26 remember!?), already hungry, so why not exacerbate the situation.  I mean...that makes no sense!  I don't get it, so I don't expect you to get it.  

Said chocolate mousse was packaged up and delivered with hugs and love to a very special person--at least that part was logical!  Make it and get it the heck out of the house.  Logical, yes.  Without consequence?  No.  I ended up with a very disappointed 6 year old on my hands when she saw me deliver the entire batch.

So we applied more silly logic (wait, is that an oxymoron!?) this morning when, during our two hour delay, we whipped up another batch.  How else would you spend bonus time like that?!

Before you think we're real fancy or complicated, please let me assure we are neither.  This mousse is, in fact, delicious (I did eat it one time when I made it months ago!), really easy and seems much more impressive than the effort would indicate.

Wanna know how it goes?  It's quick--honest!  Don't miss it!

Take 1/2 of a cup of heavy cream and warm it up in the microwave for 1 minute
Add 1 cup of chocolate chips;
I splurge and get Ghirardelli 
Mix those together until the chips melt and you've got a lovely, silky, chocolaty mixture
Set that into the fridge for 5-8 minutes to cool off
Whip 1 cup of heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks--4-5 minutes
Scoop out about 1/2 of a cup of the whipped cream to use as topping
Gently fold the chocolate into the remaining cream, incorporating fully
Place the mousse into whatever serving bowl you'd like
(I've used stemless wine glasses and even Oui yogurt jars!)
Top with a little whipped cream and shaved chocolate

That disappointed 6 year old was quite joyful when I presented her with a Hershey kiss and a mircroplane and told her to get after it!  At 8:30am!  Then, why not, we popped a little bit into a bowl and tossed it into her lunch bag.  Go 'head, Girl.  Savor that treat in the elementary school cafeteria!!

You'll have to find your own helper, mine's taken!  But even if you're left to your own devices, I promise you that you can make this happen and might even have everything on hand right now!

It's long been a fact (right?!) that many of life's troubles can be cured with chocolate.  It's also long been a fact (stop doubting) that it's a super way to celebrate.  So versatile, this treat.  But hey, no matter how, when or why you have it, ENJOY it!  

xo,
Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment